Thread: OME Shocks and warranty

Vehicle
    HDJ80
    Thanks

OME Shocks and warranty

My new rear shocks had to be replaced in Zagora in Morocco on our recent trip. When I came home I contacted Frog's Island where I bought them and was told of their surprise that OME shocks had failed!!!

Here's the dialogue between us starting on 24th April 2012.......

Hi Chris,

The rear shocks that I purchased from you on invoice 058610 have failed and have been replaced by me. I still have the shocks in question and need to know how to make a claim under warranty.
    I don't necessarily want them replaced (but if that is all you can do then that's ok) and will accept credit or a refund. Please let me know how I should proceed.

Regards,
    Gary
    ================================================== ===================
    Hi Gary
    Sorry to hear about them failing, unusual for Old Man Emu.

I need to speak with the chap in charge of the ARB/Old man Emu warranty in the UK first but he is away until this Friday. There isn't an issue about the warranty but I do need to clarify something with him first so if it is OK can you wait until I speak to him?

Thanks
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, that's fine.

Regards,
    Gary

Hi Gary
    Have just been able to contact the chap who looks after the warranty and emailed him all the info and am waiting for a reply. As soon as he comes back to me I will be in touch.

Many thanks
    Chris

Hi Chris,

This is being drawn out a bit too long now at this stage!!

Regards,
    Gary

Hi Chris,

I've left this to see how it pans out before sending the shocks back to you. Please let me know what the exact situation is now. I think I've waited long enough and would like an update please.

Regards
    Gary

Hi Gary
    Apologies for the long delay. The chap who handles ARB/OME warranty at the UK importer is very hard to get hold of. I have been chasing him over your shockers and other claims for other people. He has been away on holiday and is off work sick at the moment. Was told yesterday that he would be in today and now they say it will be next Monday.

As soon as I get somewhere with him I will be in touch.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Ok, but this is ridiculous. I informed you on or about 24th April. Can you give me details of the importer please? I want to contact them myself.

Regards,
    Gary

Question 1: Has anyone here got any experience dealing with OME and/or Frog's Island.
    Question 2: How would you advise me to proceed?

Vehicle
    05' PRADO LWB / 120 Aus import.
    Thanks
    Hi Gary, Devon 4x4 sent me wrong ARB/ OME shackel and had U.K. importer send me correct one directly. G.K.N Driveline Service Ltd, Unit 5, Kingsbury Business Park, Kingsbury Rd, Minworth Sutton Coldfield, West Mislands B76 9DL, U.K. Tel +44 (0)121 313 1661. Sales or Sue.Rowland@gkndriveline.com. This happened 6 years ago so some info might be out of date. Good luck.

Vehicle
    HDJ80
    Thanks
    I'm sorry I've left it so late in updating this thread with the outcome.....

Shortly after sending the last message to Frogs Island (FI) I was told that the chap handling the warranty suddenly contacted FI and agreed to replace the shocks.

I told FI that I had already done that and would prefer a refund. FI agreed without hesitation and a refund appeared on my credit card a couple of days later.

A good outcome in the end.